Packed with vitamin A and fiber, this orange soup is the best choice for a detox dinner.
Prep Time 5 mins Cook Time 25 mins Total Time 30 mins
- ½ cup cooked red lentils
- 1 sweet potato peeled and cut in cubes
- 3 carrots peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 parsnip peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 onion peeled and cut in quarters
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Pinch of chili powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth warm
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger peeled and grated
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Fresh parsley 1 teaspoon coconut milk, to garnish
Heat the oven at 165°C/329°F.
Line a baking sheet with baking paper, add the sweet potato, carrots, parsnip, onion, and garlic, season with salt, chili, turmeric, and cumin, add the coconut oil and toss to combine.
Roast for 20 minutes then transfer into the blender.
Add the warm vegetable broth, grated ginger, and cooked red lentils into the blender and process to obtain a smooth cream.
Serve warm, garnished with fresh parsley.
James O’Sullivan from Galway is a credible and engaging speaker, a people friendly practitioner and lecturer of Integrated Medicine, serving his patients, his students and the public with the positive benefits of both Conventional Western Medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine. He is a respected author and has appeared on many public media. #jamushur