This nutritious side dish is packed with immunity boosting energy, while regulating and harmonising the digestive system. Radishes are a super health boosting vegetable and benefits greatly from the equally valuable Garlic and the beautifully aromatic herb Rosemary.
- 1 Bunch of red radishes cut into thin slices
- 2 teaspoons of oil
- 4 Cloves of garlic, chopped
- Small bunch of Rosemary (Stalks removed)
- Salad greens
- Place the radishes, oil and garlic in an oven proof dish.
- Bake 300 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove the radishes for the oven and immediately place on a small bed of salad greens.
- Cover for 5 minutes to allow the greens to slightly wilt from the heat of the radishes.
Traditional Chinese Medicinal Benefits
Radish: Promotes digestion, Promotes smooth flow of Qi, Clear Heat, Resolve Damp, Eliminate toxins, Resolve phlegm.
Garlic: Strengthens the Stomach, Warms Yang and the Middle Jiao, Promotes the Smooth Flow of Qi, Resolves Damp, Circulates Blood, Eliminates toxins, Release the Exterior, Moisten the Lungs, Strengthen the Stomach, Moves Stagnant Food.
Rosemary: Warms Yang, Disperse Cold, Resolve Damp, Resolve Phlegm, Benefits the Lungs
James O’Sullivan - that's me, a people friendly practitioner and lecturer of Integrated Medicine, serving my patients, my students and the public with the positive benefits of both Conventional Western Medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine. It's a wonderful life
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to diagnose or assess. The information provided is not to be considered a substitute for consultation with a qualified health care practitioner.