Here’s an incredibly tasty and nutritious herbal vinegar recipe, to add “FIRE” to your next cup of tea or glass of warm water or your next salad. You can use it one spoon at a time to stay healthy and cold or flu free. I place 1 to 2 Tablespoons of it in my morning cuppa but you may also use it as a dressing on fresh greens or roasted vegetables.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed to break up the healthy properties.
- 1 lemon cut in half.
- 4 Tbsp fresh ginger – peeled and chopped in chunks.
- 4 Tbsp freshly grated horseradish root
- Handful of parsley
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Cayenne powder
- Serrano Pepper (Optional) or substitute Jalapeno pepper.
- Combine the onion, garlic, lemon, ginger, parsley, and horseradish in a wide mouth mason jar.
- Add warmed apple cider vinegar to cover them. (warming the vinegar allows it to more actively draw the properties out of the herbs. Just warm, if it becomes too hot the good enzymes will be no longer active.)
- Place on counter for 3 weeks, shaking it at times.
- Strain, then discard the root veggies, herbs and fruit. Compost please!
- Add honey and cayenne to taste!
The final creation will be a lively, hot, pungent, and yet sweet mixture.
Shaken occasionally, kept in a shady spot.
To use it:
- 1 – 2 Tbsp at first sign of a cold, and repeat every 4 hours until feeling better
- 1 Tbsp in water once or twice a week
- Mix with a bit of olive oil and use as a salad dressing or In you Caesar!!
In Smiling Body Nutritional Therapy, the benefits of Dragons Breath help to strengthen Yang while warming the Lungs and Releases the exterior by inducing sweating, meaning that strengthen our Immunity. It benefits our resistance to the Common cold, Vomiting, Dysentery and Dyspepsia.
James O’Sullivan from Galway is a credible and engaging speaker, a people friendly practitioner and lecturer of Integrated Medicine, serving his patients, his students and the public with the positive benefits of both Conventional Western Medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine. He is a respected author and has appeared on many public media. #jamushur
This article is not intended to diagnose or assess. The information provided is not to be considered a substitute for consultation with a qualified health care practitioner.