Do you like something tasty as a daily treat? This is a delicious healthy treat and so easy to make. Made from wholesome ingredients you can indulge from time to time.
- 150g cashew nuts (or pecans, walnuts or other nuts or seeds)
- Pinch sea salt
- 80 g dried apricots
- 80g Medjool or other soft dates (pitted)
- 1 large tbsp almond butter (or hazelnut, peanut or other nut butter)
- 80g shelled hemp seeds/sesame seeds
- 3g cinnamon (or replace with vanilla or other spices)
- Place the nuts in a food processor and blend until coarsely ground.
- Add remainder of ingredients and blend until dried fruit is well chopped and mixture holds together when pressed. Add a tiny splash of water if too dry.
- Roll mixture into small balls and store in an airtight container in the fridge (will keep for up to 2 weeks) or in the freezer (will keep for up to 2 months).
Food is Medicine Too!
James O’Sullivan from Galway is a credible and engaging speaker, a people friendly practitioner and lecturer of Integrated Medicine, serving his patients, his students and the public with the positive benefits of both Conventional Western Medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine. He is a respected author and has appeared on many public media. #jamushur
This article is not intended to diagnose or assess. The information provided is not to be considered a substitute for consultation with a qualified health care practitioner.